Since you landed on this page, I can only guess that you are a motorcycle enthusiast. A lot of people don’t understand the relationship a person has with its motorbike. For many, it’s more than a means of transportation. It’s a means to feel free, to pump your heart with adrenaline until you forget everything that is stressing you out. It’s a way to let things go and feel only the wind that is pushing against your body with a force that many people cannot even comprehend. It’s a way to break free.
That is why taking care of your motorcycle is one of the most important things for you, isn’t it? Maintenance is more than a chore; it’s a pleasure. Sometimes you spend hours at end underneath it, but it doesn’t feel like. Time passes too quickly when you are having a good time.
That leads me to another aspect. What do you use as a prop? A lot of people use motorcycle stands. They come in different types, rear or front, according to preferences. But from what I see, most people prefer the rear spool stand.
The benefits of using a motorcycle stand
As I mentioned above, there are many types of motorcycle stands, but the most commonly used is the rear spool kind. Here is why:
- They are more stable than other types. You use this for cleaning or maintenance repairs. Sometimes you have to get underneath your bike, so you have to trust the stand entirely. It cannot fall, it cannot be unbalanced. It has to stay just as you put it. Rear stands meet that criterion. They are very stable, if “very stable” is even a thing. You cannot get any more reliable than this kind. You can sit back and put your mind at ease. If anything goes wrong, knock on wood, is not going to be because of the stand.
- They are quicker and easier to use than any other form – I am guessing you don’t want to spend too much time propping your motorcycle. There are other things you could to with that time, which is why a rear stand is the best choice for you. It only takes a moment to lift your bike, and some models even have a locking system. You can lift the bike with one hand while straightening it with the other. It’s a one man operation. You don’t need any help. Then you can go about your business.
- They can be bought in sets, which will lead to a dual stand, front and rear. The good news is that you don’t have to purchase a new stand just because you need one that can lift your front. Just buy another one from the set you already have. I don’t know if that really qualifies as a benefit, but I find it helpful, so do others.
- A rear stand is cheaper than any other kind. That, of course, dependsa lot on the brand, but you can usually find a cheap model that will do a perfect job. After all, it’s not much to it. It’s simple but brilliant.
- Spools are cheap and very easy to install – obviously, you need double swingarm Otherwise, you cannot lift the bike on a rear stand. The fact that they are cheap is a big plus. I am not saying that you should go for the most inexpensive products, for obvious reasons, but they are generally not expensive. After all, you want to keep the investment at a minimum.
How to choose the best motorcycle stand?
It’s not such a hard task. The main thing is to pay attention to what you need or what you may need in the future. Here are a few criteria that may help you make the right decision.
- How many bikes do you own? If you have more than one, then I recommend you buy an adjustable motorcycle stand. That you don’t have to buy more than one. You can simply adjust the stand to the desired height, and you are good to go. That comes in handy also when you have a repair shop. A lot of people will be bringing different models, so you need to be prepared for each and every one of them. There are stand models out there that can fit virtually any kind of bike. That is what you want.
- Durability – I am guessing you don’t want to buy a stand every year, do you? Look for the ones made of high-grade They are the best and will last the longest. The welding should be very well done, and the less welding points, the better.
- High-quality wheels – a lot of people ignore this aspect. However, keep in mind that if the wheels break, you can do nothing with the stand. The wheels are a small detail, but they will ruin everything if they go down. So make sure that they are made of high-quality polyurethane plastic. Some are made of rubber, which is even better in some cases.
- Single-sided or double-sided swingarm/s? – Not all models are compatible with a single-sided swingarm. Honestly, I don’t even know why some people choose to install a single spool. Double-sided swingarms are so much more reliable than a single-sided. But you know, everyone with their own preferences. Just make sure to keep that in mind.
- Dual stand – if you own a motorcycle repair shop, then you may need a double stand, front and rear. Some manufacturers have great deals, and they offer two stands at a very low price. Try to aim for one of those offers. And even if you don’t have a motorcycle shop, you can just buy two for yourself. You don’t know when you are going to need them. Two is better than one, so why not?
Word of advice
Don’t underestimate the swingarm spools. Just like you need the rear stand to be stable, you need the spools to have a reliable quality. They can make a real difference at some point. You want your bike to stay up and secure. Don’t put it all on the stand. The swingarm spools are equally important. If you make the mistake of installing low-quality spools, you may end up in the emergency room with a serious injury. Here is how to securely attach a pair of swingarm spools.
What are the best motorcycle stands?
Apparently, the brand is crucial when it comes to motorcycle stands. This is not me saying it, but hundreds of motorcycle enthusiasts. I guess it makes sense. Some companies get better at what they do, and they provide high-quality products that people enjoy. Here are a few suggestions that may answer the initial question.
Venom Motorcycle Front And Rear Combo Wheel Lift Stands
This is one of the brands I was telling you about. Venom is very popular with bikers, and that is because their products scream high-quality and durability. This is actually a combo of two stands, one for the front and one for the rear of the motorcycle. It comes in handy if you want to give your bike a proper cleaning without having to change the stand from one wheel to another. It will also help with maintenance repairs.
The stand is very easy to use. You can lift the bike on your own. You still have to be careful, though. Just lift the bike with one hand, while straightening it with the other. You have to provide the right support. Otherwise, the motorcycle will fall on one of its sides. Just because there are two stands, that doesn’t mean there is twice the trouble. Once you lift the rear, the front is easy because the bike is already steady.
The design is highly professional. The stand is made of high-grade steel that will last you for a long time. Venom has adopted the adjustment feature. This model will fit most sports bikes, within a width limit. It’s very easy to assemble; you will receive a manual that will instruct you how to do it, step by step. Rear spools are required, but they are not included in the package. You will have to buy them separately. Keep in mind, though, that this Venom model is not compatible with a single-sided swingarm. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Safstar Motorcycle Stand
The Safstar model is made of extra heavy duty steel which ensures an extended durability and highstrength. The leverage ratio makes it very easy to use, but that’s not one of the things you can see. You can only know and feel it. Lifting a bike has never been so easy as it is with the Safstar stand. The lifting is also very safe, and you can use the stand for repairs, maintenance, or even storage. The four wheels are also of superior quality, and they will handle any kind of terrain.
The assembly is quite straightforward. You don’t really need a manual to do it, but the manufacturer provides one anyway. Compatibility is not an issue. The stand will lift virtually all sports bikes, within the adjustable width, of course.
You can use this stand both in the front and on the rear. If you use it on the front, just place the stand under the fork, push down, and the bike will lift. When you put it on the rear, put the stand under the spools located in the swingarms, push down, and the motorcycle will go up. Simple as that. Keep in mind that spools are not included in the package. They are sold separately.
The Safstar stand is perfect for tire removal, changes, maintenance, and cleaning. The design is professionally made, and it doesn’t lack the adjustable feature. You can lift your bike completely off the ground, which makes it perfect even for repair shops. The stand is durable, has an excellent welded construction, and has a high-gloss, black powdercoated finish. Not that it matters so much. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
ExpectsavingApontus Motorcycle Rear Wheel Spool Lift Stand
This model is a rear stand only. So if you are looking for a dual-stand, then you should focus on another product. However, there are people out there who are looking for just a rear stand, which is why there is a demand for them. And Expectsabing supplies.
This stand will support virtually any sports bike. It is fully adjustable and lifts 2 to 4 inches. It has passed numerous and intense testings, just to reach the conclusion that the Apontus is a highly durable and stable. No accidents have been reported so far.
The assembly is easy as pie. You will even get an instructions manual, but I doubt you will need it. The operation is very fast, and you can easily lift the motorcycle by yourself. You don’t need another set of hands.
This stand is perfect for cleaning, maintenance work, repairs, or even storage. The wheels are more than reliable. They will withstand any terrain, and they will not break easily. The spools are not included in the package. They are sold separately. Just make sure to install them correctly. You don’t want accidents happening.
I just want to make myself clear and say that dual-stands are better than the other kinds.They are more useful. Also, two is always better than one, which is why I believe that the Venom pieces are the best motorcycle stands I have ever come in contact with. They are easy to use, easy to assemble, and they are highly reliable. And there is two of them at an incredible price.
For some people, doing some repair or maintenance work on their bikes is their absolute favorite pastimes. Barely anything can compete with it. That is why doing it in a safe manner is crucial. A motorcycle stand will provide exactly that. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Biggest Myth About Hydraulic Motorcycle Lift Exposed
- What is Really Going on with Motorcycle Jack Stand
- Top Guide of Motorcycle Lift Stand
- The Tried and True Method for Motorbike Stand in Step by Step Detail
- Important Solutions to Motorcycle Jacks in Easy to Follow Step by Step Detail
- The Most Disregarded Fact Regarding Paddock Stand Explained
- The Newly Leaked Secrets to Motorcycle Stand Discovered
- The Insider Secret on Motorcycle Lift Table Revealed
- The War Against Motorcycle Jack
- Dirty Facts About Motorcycle Lift Exposed
- Handy Motorcycle Lift Ideas
- The Biggest Myth About Front Paddock Stand Exposed
- Vital Pieces of Motorbike Lift Stand
- The Most Overlooked Fact About Rear Paddock Stand Exposed
- Choosing Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock Is Simple
- The Pain of Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- What Pros Are Saying About Motorcycle Front Wheel Stand and What This Means For You
- The Motorcycle Lift Tables Cover Up
- The Best Motorcycle Lift Diaries
- Motorcycle Stand Lift Tips
- The Little-Known Secrets to Track Moto Motorcycle Dolly
- What Is So Fascinating About Motorcycle Hydraulic Lift?
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Used Motorcycle Lift Table for Sale Before You’re Left Behind
- Who is Discussing Bike Jack and Why You Should Be Worried
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Motorcycle Front Stand Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Atv Lift – the Story
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Venom Motorcycle Stand?
- Secret Facts About Motorcycle Hoist
- What Everybody Is Saying About Motorcycle Paddock Stand Is Wrong and Why
- The 30-Second Trick for Motorcycle Lift Jack
- Here’s What I Know About Motorcycle Table Lift
- The Fundamentals of Motorcycle Rear Stand Revealed
- Where to Find Motorbike Lift
- Choosing Bike Lift Is Simple
- Motorcycle Lift for Sale Guide